SLL provides legal support to Labour Members of Parliament and the House of Lords and develops new policy ideas, often working in collaboration with unions and think tanks.
Our work focusses on the following areas:
- UK constitution and the role of Government
- Economic policy, industrial strategy, and the green economy
- Future of work, immigration, and welfare
- Trade, foreign policy, and international development
- Justice, the rule of law, and home affairs
Our current policy projects listed below.
Law and Covid-19 – assessing the Government’s response to the global pandemic
Constitutional renewal – creating a constitutional settlement that works for everyone
Britain in the world – assessing Britain’s future trading relationships with the EU and beyond
Power and accountability – scrutinising the government’s plans for judicial review