We provide a wide range of support, including legal and policy advice, to Labour Members of Parliament and the House of Lords, particularly those with frontbench portfolios.
We support a range of projects, but the majority concern the development of Labour policy or the scrutinising Government policy and legislation. Our legal advice and policy work falls into the following broad areas:
- UK constitutional matters and the role of Government
- Economic policy, industrial strategy, and the green economy
- Future of work, immigration, and welfare
- Trade, foreign policy, and international development
- Justice, the rule of law, and home affairs
SLL is an unincorporated association of lawyers who are also members of the Labour Party. Views vary across the membership and all SLL publications, briefings, and advice reflect the personal views of the authors They should not be treated as legal advice or the corporate view of the Society.