The Society of Labour Lawyers (SLL) is seeking an Administrator to assist the Administration Manager, Officers and Executive Committee with the management of the Society of Labour Lawyers (SLL). The role involves providing administrative, organisational, fundraising and campaign support to the Society and to make sure it runs as an effective membership organisation.
Hours: Part-time (variable hours, approximately 10 hours a week including some evening work).
Pay: London Living Wage, £11.05 per hour + holiday pay.
Place of work: Most work will be done remotely, other than attending SLL EC meetings once a month in London, the AGM in London, and Labour Party Conference.
- Assisting the Administration Manager and SLL’s Officers with the day-to-day management of the Society and liaising with them as necessary;
- Assisting with projects set by the Officers;
- Supporting regional groups and practice area groups to hold events and produce reports;
- Organising and minuting various SLL meetings including EC meetings and the AGM;
- Co-ordinating and organising events, including for Labour Party Conference;
- Assisting co-ordinating the SLL membership, including responding to correspondence and using the CRM system;
- Curating the communications of the Society;
- Updating the Society’s online assets, including website and social media;
- Participate in liaison with the Parliamentary Labour Party and Labour Frontbench;
- Working with other stakeholders including professional bodies, socialist societies and the Labour Party;
- Assisting with fundraising;
- Other related tasks as may be requested by the Administration Manager and Officers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative;
- Good administrative, organisational and IT skills;
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise competing tasks and manage a significant workload;
- Knowledge of politics and Labour Party;
- Interest in legal issues;
- Commitment to the objectives and values of the Society of Labour Lawyers.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of organising and managing events;
- Experience of working with MPs;
- Experience of website maintenance and social media work;
- Experience of working with a membership organisation;
- Experience of using a CRM system;
- Networks within the Labour Party.
How to apply
Open Date: Application are now open.
Closing Date: Friday 29th July, 5pm.
Interviews: Between 4th – 11th August, via Zoom.
Start date: September.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter addressed to SLL Chair, Catherine Atkinson to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th July, 5pm.
If you have any questions regarding this position, do not hesitate to get in touch.