The Society of Labour Lawyers (SLL) is seeking an Administration Manager to assist the Officers and Executive Committee with the management of the Society of Labour Lawyers (SLL), provide administrative, organisational, fundraising and campaign support to the Society and to make sure it runs as an effective membership organisation.
Hours: Part-time (10 – 15 hours a week including some evening work).
Pay: £14ph + holiday pay (totalling £15.69ph).
Place of work: Most work will be done remotely, other than attending SLL EC meetings once a month in London, the AGM in London, and Labour Party Conference.
- Assisting SLL’s Officers with the day-to-day management of the Society and liaising with them as necessary;
- Leading or assisting with projects set by the Officers;
- Supporting regional groups and practice area groups to hold events and produce reports;
- Organising and minuting various SLL meetings including EC meetings and the AGM;
- Co-ordinating and organising events, including for Labour Party Conference;
- Managing the SLL membership, including responding to correspondence;
- Managing and curating the communications of the Society;
- Co-ordinating and updating the Society’s online assets, including website and social media;
- Participate in liaison with the Parliamentary Labour Party and Labour Frontbench;
- Liaison with other stakeholders including professional bodies, socialist societies and the Labour Party;
- Managing the CRM system;
- Assisting with fundraising;
- Other related tasks as may be requested by the Officers or the Executive Committee.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative;
- Good administrative, organisational and IT skills;
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and manage a significant workload;
- Knowledge of politics and Labour Party;
- Interest in legal issues;
- Commitment to the objectives and values of the Society of Labour Lawyers.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of organising and managing events;
- Experience of working with MPs;
- Experience of website maintenance and social media work;
- Experience of working with a membership organisation;
- Experience of using a CRM system;
- Networks within the Labour Party.
Closing Date: Monday 26th July 2021, 5pm.
Interviews: w/b Monday 2nd August 2021 via Zoom.
Start date: as soon as possible.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Kate O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26th July 2021, 5pm.